Saturday, January 28, 2012

Do Not Read This Post


Seriously, don't do it.

Still with me? 

I figured you would be. Especially if you're a dude. We're weird like that. Someone says, "uughgh, this is the worst thing I've ever smelled! Check this out!" and, if you're a guy, you totally smell it, post haste.

The appropriate thought process goes something like this; "how bad could it actually be?... Now I'm curious."

Once you've smelled it, then you start to think, "it couldn't really have been as bad as I'm thinking it was... okay, I'll smell it one more time, just to be sure."

And this happens like four times.

In any case, I just read something (#4 in this article from Cracked.com) that I wish I hadn't read. Not that it was terribly written, but it brought back some painful memories.


terrible awfulness after the jump

Apparently, Pink's Get This Party Started, was co-written by the singer from 4 Non-Blondes. Yes, that 4 Non Blondes. Their song, What's Up? is widely considered, by myself, to be one of the worst atrocities to be inflicted on mankind by mankind in the history of everything ever. In the height of its popularity, it was inescapable. And awful. It was inescapably awful.

 In case you've forgotten, Get This Party Started is that one that goes, "I'm your operator, you can call anytime. I'll be your connection to the party liiine. Iiiiii'm coming up so you better get this party started."

You may remember What's Up? as that song from the early nineties that goes, "and I pray. Oh my God, do I pray. I pray every single day for a revolution... And I said, heeeyeeeeyyeeyeeyey heeeyeeeyeeey, I said Hey, What's Going On?")

I've had Pink and 4 Non Blondes stuck in my head since reading this.
And now you do too. I printed the lyrics with that express purpose in mind. If I have to suffer, I'm dragging you down with me.

To my credit, I warned you.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I will go bleach my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment